We robustly oppose :
- Removal of Client Choice
- The current Scale of Cuts
- Geographical limitations on contracts
- Restrictions on Judicial Review
- Changes to Prison Law Funding
- Increased powers to restrict appointment of two counsel
- Changes to Civil Legal Aid
All the changes proposed will bring a disastrous outcome to our Justice System from which we will never recover .
We would engage with the Government in a full consultation to deal with reform of all agencies in the Criminal Justice System including the Police , Court System , Probation Service , Interpreter Services and the Judiciary .
Only such a full review can help us achieve a modern justice system which protects the vulnerable , secures justice for victims and limits the dangers of wrongful convictions .
As part of the QualitySolicitors Network we have made a strong commitment to modern ways of working and change . We are not afraid of change but we are afraid of the destruction of our Justice system by ill thought out proposals .
Our Full Response can be accessed below